Leander Club is currently seeking the following
LEANDER CLUB COACH (TWO INTERNS)
coach interns x 2
REPORTS TO – ASSISTANT COACHES
LOCATION – HENLEY ON THAMES
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP 10-11 MONTHS
Following on from the success of last season’s internships – where both post holders gained professional employment after completing their coaching season – the Leander team wish to employ two new coaching development roles.
Purpose of post
The post holders will work alongside and support the Leander coaching team by providing basic coaching, data management, equipment, and boathouse maintenance daily.
These internships are seen as a development role for individuals wishing to start a career in coaching, ideally suited to a recently retired athlete or volunteer coach wishing to turn professional.
The post holders will be responsible to the Women’s and Men’s Assistant Coaches, and through them to both Chief Coaches.
· Provide supervised support to Leander national team triallists and club level athletes
· Assist the Leander coaching team with running sessions on and off the water
· Assist in day-to-day equipment and boathouse maintenance
· Any other related work that contributes to the success of the team
· Presenting a positive image of Leander to stakeholders and the wider rowing community
· Following Leander Club’s and British Rowing’s policies and procedures and that these are followed by the post holder and any athletes for whom the post holder is responsible. Particular attention should be given as appropriate to policies on safeguarding, anti-doping, and water safety.
· Participating in continued professional development training relevant to the role
This list is not exhaustive, there will be other reasonable duties and requirements associated with the posts, which the chief coaches or assistants may call upon the post holder to perform from time to time.
The post holder is expected to promote drug-free culture and is expected to be conversant of the World Anti-Doping Code. The post holder is also expected to complete UKAD’s Clean Sport Advisor course.
This is a fixed term paid internship contract starting from Sept/Oct 2022 until the end of July 2023, based at Leander Club, Henley on Thames. The hours are approximately 20 hours per week, and will include time in the evenings, weekends, over public holidays, and possibly some time abroad on camps.
Applicants should have prior experience working alongside athletes.
A level 2 coaching qualification is desirable but not essential.
Leander Club is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV alongside a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 1/09/22 – only applicants invited to be interviewed will be contacted
Interviews will start w/c 5/09/22 either virtually or in person at Leander club
We have a vacancy for a crew cook to join our team. This could suit someone who has been a chef, caterer or cook, that wants some work during school hours.
Working from 9am to 2.30pm each day, Monday to Friday, you’ll be cooking good hearty crew meals at Leander for breakfast & lunch, plus preparing some dinners. 28 hours a week with hourly pay.
If you or someone you know is interested, please contact Al Heathcote by email for further details.