A series of exhibitions, movies and talks based on a private collection of rare artefacts from the Soviet space programme and NASA Apollo missions is due to land on Leander this month.
Over the next few months, Leander Club will host a series of three Space Artefact Exhibitions, presented by renowned private collector Dr Michael Warner. Dr Warner is a member of the British Interplanetary Society. He has given talks on his collection of space artefacts to The Geological Society, the Centre for Planetary Sciences at UCL, Oxford Space Systems, and is host of a podcast on The Business of Space. His full collection can be viewed at: https://www.apollomissionartifacts.com/
The NASA Artemis missions to the moon have entranced a new audience eager once again to witness humans exploring the lunar surface. With Artemis has come keen interest in the pioneering years of human space travel: from the early Soviet space programme, to the dramatic rescue of Apollo 13 and how the later Apollo missions revealed the origin of life on earth.
The Space exhibition series will follow the following format. Members and guests are welcome to attend for some or all of each session.
- Exhibition – 5:00pm to 6:30pm: Exhibition of Apollo 15 mission artifacts from the lunar surface
- Movie – 6:30pm to 7:15pm: ‘Apollo 15 – In the Mountains of the Moon’ (Documentary)
- Buffet – 7:15pm to 8:00pm
- Talk – 8:00pm to 9:15pm – Apollo 15 mission artifacts from the surface of the moon
Tickets for the buffet cost £15. Drinks may be bought at the Club bar during the film intermission and before the talk. The exhibition is free to enter.
Thursday 20th April – Apollo 15
Movie: In the Mountains of the Moon (documentary)
Exhibition and Talk: CDR Dave Scott’s space suit communications umbilical; Lunar dust from CDR Scott’s PPK collected from Hadley Rille; CMP Al Wardon’s star navigation chart; SIMbay film of lunar surface.
- To book tickets for any of these Space Series events, please contact email@example.com or call us on 01491 575782.