Now recruiting for January 2020 onwards
We’re looking for enthusiastic local men and women to join our small friendly team as waiters and waitresses.
We’re ideally looking for local people as we know transport links late at night and across the weekend aren’t that favourable for some of our shifts. But if you have your own transport, we would accept applicants from further afield.
Staff are trained to work in all front of house operational areas; the bar, dining rooms, meeting rooms and crew areas.
- Well organised, orderly and methodical
- An outgoing personality, who genuinely enjoys the company of others
- A team player
- Keen to learn new skills
- Conscientious, reliable and committed to improving the Member experience in the club
Then please email with a copy of your CV and your availability.
Shifts vary from 5 – 8 hours, sometimes less to fit around your commitments and sometimes longer, to accommodate a late licence. We can work around college time tables or child care commitments if we’re given notice. Perhaps you’d like a second job to earn some extra money?
Good rates of pay, holiday pay, tips, uniform and duty meals are provided with Christmas and New Year off.
Training provided, both on the job and continuous online training with certification provided to help boost your CV!
We’re looking for a number of other staff to work on our busy functions and in the crew areas.
We’re looking for someone to assist our full time Housekeeper at weekends.
Our 4* bedrooms are entirely unique depicting the rowing pedigree of a number of US and UK rowing Clubs, each with their own character, they require a high level of service on a daily basis.
Hours will vary but are likely to be 9am – 12pm on Saturdays and/ or Sundays but may be less on quiet weekends. Holiday/ sickness cover may also be required.
Previous housekeeping experience is an advantage.
A keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering customer excellence is key.
This is quite a physical role; flipping mattresses, working at height, moving laundry bags and negotiating steps between floors. Manual Handling, COSHH and H&S training is provided.
For more information, or for an application form please email.
Our former part time staff…
- Have secured part time work at University to fund their studies, returning to the Club during the holidays.
- Have travelled and worked extensively with their newly acquired skills on Gap Years
- Have used earnings to go on to further education, masters or post-graduate diplomas
- Have embarked upon a new career with the variety of experience gained from working at the Club
Former full-time staff…
- Have gone on to open their own gastro pubs
- Have worked for established kitchens under Michelin starred chefs
- Worked at other Clubs in London, The United States and Hong Kong
- Head-up or take prominent positions in other rowing clubs and the British Rowing Team.
All our vacancies will be posted on this website and, on occasion, published in the Henley Standard or on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot always respond to every applicant.
Leander Club believes in equal opportunities for all. We seek to encourage a team that values diversity, in which individuals can contribute fully regardless of their gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ethnic origin and disability.
Working at Leander Club
Here’s what some of our current staff have to say about working for us….