Join Smart Works Reading here at Leander Club for an evening celebrating fashion as a force for good. From clothing’s power to build confidence to brands pioneering sustainability, our panel of experts will discuss all things fashion and positive change. Our stellar line-up of speakers are:
* Former presenter of The Clothes Show and fashion and identity commentator, Caryn Franklin MBE
* Journalist and sustainable fashion advocate, Ginnie Chadwyck-Healey
* Fashion industry disruptor, Nayna McIntosh
Hosted by fashion stylist and presenter, Patsy Dhir
You’ll also enjoy…
* A welcome glass of fizz
* The chance to shop sustainably from our curated collection of new with tags womenswear from top brands and curated preloved pieces
* Win with our amazing magic tree and raffle
* Bid for exceptional auction prizes
* Includes a goody bag with a luxury gift
All event proceeds will support Smart Works Reading – supporting unemployed women to job success.
Our thanks go to Leander Club for gifting us the use of its event space.
Smart Works Reading is a charity that supports local women into employment via our free job interview dressing and preparation service. We provide a two-stage consultation at our centre in central Reading. Clients are given an interview-ready outfit that is theirs to keep, followed by a one-to-one coaching session with an HR professional to help them excel at interview.
We help some of the most vulnerable women in society who are referred to us from job centres, prisons, refugees, mental health charities and other support services. The women we see want a job but lack the confidence to succeed at interview.
Last year, 69% of women who benefited from our service went on to get a job within a month.
Tickets are available here